Mexican Baker - Mom's Pizza BunsDIFFICULTY: EASY
PREP TIME: 0:10
COOK TIME: 0:35
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage, cut in half inch pieces (you can also use spicy if you prefer)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can tomato sauce (13.4 oz)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sturdy crusty rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown sausage in skillet and drain the fat.
Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Bring to a boil.
Lower heat, add cheese and simmer for 15 minutes.
Split the rolls in half and top with desired amount of sauce. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
Freeze remaining sauce.